The Practice considers aggressive behaviour to be any personal, abusive and/or aggressive comments, cursing/swearing, physical contact and/or aggressive gestures. The Practice operates a Zero Tolerance Policy and will immediately remove from the Practice list any patient who is aggressive towards any member of the Practice team or other person on our Premises or who damages our property. We will where appropriate involve the Police.
Patients will also be removed from the list in the following circumstances:
- Violence and aggression towards staff or members of the public.
- Damage to practice property or equipment.
- Change of residence to outside of the practice area.
- Persistent misuse of the system/ Appointments.
- Patients who the doctors are unable to manage clinically e.g. breach of contract with doctor regarding use of prescribed medicine, break down in patient communication.
Patients who are disruptive and display aggressive and/or intimidating behaviour and refuse to leave the premises, staff are instructed to dial 999 for Police assistance, charges may then be brought against these individuals.
This practice supports the Scottish Executives policy on zero tolerance.
For the sake of our staff and other patients we will not tolerate any verbal or physical aggression either within the practice, on the telephone or in the community.
Should a patient be violent, abusive or aggressive to a doctor or any member of their staff, we will ask that their name be removed from our list of patients with immediate effect.
Violent patients will also be reported to the police.
Practitioner Services in Glasgow can allocate a new practice if you are unable to find an alternative practice. Tel :0141 300 1300